How do you make a group of Mustang enthusiasts scream like little girls before boarding the downward spiral to a complete and total frenzy?
The 1st Annual AmericanMuscle.com Car Show and Charity Event is now less than a week away, and everyone here at AM is in full party-prep mode. We’ve got more than 150 Mustangs confirmed for the Best in Show competition and a few hundred more ‘Stang fans set to come check out the action.
Having taken a peek at the list of cars that are going to attend, I can tell you there’s going to be something for everyone, unless you’re a Mopar Man. From a few top-tuned classics, to some of the latest Ponies to hit the street and the track, we’ll have the full spectrum from the Blue Oval’s original muscle car right here for you to see.
After two nail-biting, pulse-pounding weeks of sleeping, eating, feuding, and crawling around in their own filth, the three remaining contestants in AmericanMuscle’s “Live In It and Win” Mustang Competition have finally made it to the finish line on Thursday, July 2nd 2009…and lasted longer than anyone could have possible projected.
AM Manly BBQ Contest Winners Selected
Epic Cook-Off Movie Released
Throughout the Month of June 2009, we ran our Manly BBQ Contest and customers submitted their manliest recipes to be carefully scrutinized by our panel of expert food judges. The top three manliest recipes were selected and put to the test in this epic BBQ cook-off movie!
Epic BBQ Cook-Off Movie
The AmericanMuscle Manly BBQ Contest truly was a celebration of everything it is to be manly. We came, we barbecued, we ate. Manliness at its best.
We would like to thank everyone that participated and sent in their recipes and congratulate our winner Keith K. and his brass Cobra Eggs of steel at achieving the ultimate title of manliness: AmericanMuscle Manly BBQ Contest Winner 2009!
Read the original post below:
- Watch your recipe be put to the test in our YouTube BBQ Cook Off.
- Win Over $300 In Tasty Prizes!
With Father’s Day coming up soon, I started to think about what it means to be a man. There are a lot of manly things in this world, Muscle Cars, Medieval Weaponry, Beef Jerky for example…but there is really one thing that trumps all other things manly and that is FIRE! And more specifically cooking with fire!
The AmericanMuscle Manly BBQ Contest is a celebration of the manliness of cooking with fire! To enter, you simply submit your best Mustang inspired BBQ recipes. We will be carefully selecting the top three tastiest sounding recipes, and then our professional BBQ Chef will be preparing the dishes here for a YouTube Broadcast BBQ Cook Off! The dishes will be sampled and judged by AmericanMuscle’s Professional Eating Team and the winner will not only receive the title of Manly BBQ Winner 2009, but also the Grand Prize Pack!
The AM Manly BBQ Grand Prize Pack
- Stainless Steel Keg-a-Que Portable Propane Barbecue
- With manly styles like this, this 25,000 BTU Portable Beer Keg BBQ is just as perfect at home as it is for car show cookouts and tail gating parties!
- Deluxe 18 Piece Barbecue Tool Set
- Just like your professional ratchet set, this baby comes with a handy hard plastic storage/carrying case.
- AmericanMuscle Manly BBQ 2009 Chef Hat & Apron
- If you’re going to act like a chef, you better start looking like one!
- Extreme Barbecue Cookbook
- Warning: This Book Contains Smokin’ Rigs and 100 Real Good Recipes!
- Omaha Steaks Gift Package
- These are hands down the most savory and delicious steaks money can buy! I recommend consuming these the rarer the better!
Now THAT is a manly prize pack and just in time for Fathers Day! So get your recipes in men. And ladies, if you are sitting there reading this with a smirk on your face, chuckling to yourselves cause you think this manly stuff is a bunch of hogwash and you know you have what it takes to show up the men, get your recipes in too!
The Fine Print:
- Your entry must be submitted before 5:00PM Eastern Time on Monday June the 22nd.
- You must include your full name, address, phone number, and email address when submitting. (Personal information will only be used internally for our records and to deliver your prize. No personal information collected will be used for outside solicitations or sold in any way.)
- Everyone is eligible to enter, you do not have to have made a previous purchase from AmericanMuscle.com.
- You may submit up to three unique recipe entries per household. Do Not SPAM the same entry multiple times though or ALL of your entries will be disqualified!
- Contest open to US residents only, certain terms and conditions apply.
American Muscle is holding its 1st Annual Charity Car Show on Sunday, July 19th, 2009. The car show is being held to raise money for the Homes For Our Troops charity.
The American Muscle Charity Car Show will feature a variety of fun filled events including a live DJ, free food, sexy AM girls, contests, prizes, dyno pulls, kids activities, and much much more! All proceeds from the car show including registration fees and a percentage of the day’s sales will go toward helping the families of wounded combat veterans. Stay tuned to the American Muscle Blog for updates and event information as it unfolds!
The event is open to all, but car exhibition space is limited to the first 150 registrations, so pre-register now to guarantee your spot! Click here to go to the registration page!
It is a sad day in Mustang history. For the first time in 45 years, the Mustang name will not grace the showroom floors of your local dealerships.
Press Release: FOMOCO To Cut Production of 2010 Mustang! (Synopsis)
- Following suit with other major automotive manufacturers, Ford Motor Company announced today that due to the current state of the economy and the decline in Mustang sales throughout the 2009 year, FoMoCo will be cutting production of the 2010 Mustang. This comes as no surprise as other automotive manufacturers dump performance and luxury models to consolidate and concentrate on money saving, earth-friendly “green” vehicles.
When asked for comment, FoMoCo stated that this was no easy decision. While the future of the Mustang name may seem grim, FoMoCo ensured us that it was not gone for good and there are already talks of eventually reviving it with a hybrid refresh of the fuel-sipping 2.3L In-line 4 Cylinder motor.
To read the Complete Press Release from Ford Click Here.
I end this BLOG post with a moment of silence for an American Icon…
AmericanMuscle strikes again helping to make Mustang Week 2008 a huge success as both a Silver Level Sponsor, and a sponsor of the Bad Mustangs Club’s contingent for the week. In addition to our sponsorship, we also sent down a set of 1994-2004 Black Bullitt Wheels that were used in the charity raffle.
Mustang Week itself was a huge success with a turnout of over 550 Mustangs in attendance! The Bad Mustangs Club even won the club participation award for the second year in a row with 66 members present and accounted for throughout the week! With events like the massive car show, heads up drag racing at Darlington Dragway, and Steve Saleen himself unveiling his all new Race Craft Car, it is safe bet that Mustang Week will be repeating itself once again in 2009!
$4230.36 Donated To Homes For Our Troops At AmericanMuscle’s Annual Charity Picnic
On Saturday July 12th, 2008, AmericanMuscle held its annual company picnic and charity fund raiser. Once again, this year’s charity foundation was Homes For Our Troops which is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to helping those people that give selflessly to their country and have returned home with serious disabilities and injuries.
This organization is committed to assisting those who have returned from their service to our country severely injured, and their immediate families, by raising donations of money, building materials, and professional labor to build a new home or adapt an existing home for handicapped accessibility.
- Sales Donation (% Of Sales During The Event) – $3615.36
- Additional Company Donation – $500.00
- Phone Donations – $ 115.00
- Grand Total – $ 4230.36
The Obligatory Big Check Picture
In addition to our annual charity fundraiser, this event was also our annual company picnic! A variety of fun activities, massive food consumption of previously unthinkable proportions, and shenanigans pursued including “American Gladiator” style jousting, expert mechanical bull riding, dunk tank dunking of bosses, horseshoeing, a limbo contest how low can you go?, and of course the crème de la crème of picnic activities…the office employee versus warehouse employee TUG OF WAR!
So check out the pictures of the AmericanMuscle crew cutting loose below, and keep an eye out for next year’s fundraiser picnic!
AmericanMuscle to dominate 2008 Race Season with the release of its Multi-Purpose Ultimate Race Edition Mustang Type-R. The Mustang Type-R is expected to compete and win in NASCAR, Formula1, Indy Car, All Classes of NHRA and NMRA Drag Racing, Mud Wrestling, and the 24 Hour LeMans.
We carefully studied the fastest 4 cylinder import performance cars that we have seen in our area and said, “hey…why can’t we apply these time proven methods to a V6 or even a V8!” So we did, and now we believe that we have truly created the ultimate driving machine!
- Quint Supercharger Sticker – This sticker replicates all the performance of having 5 superchargers without the extra weight on your car and lets the world know we are serious about performance. We slapped this baby right on our black painted headlights for high contrast performance!
- Type-R Stickers – The true power of this Mustang comes from its numerous strategically placed Type-R stickers and badges. Each one alone has no problem multiplying the performance of this vehicle by tenfold!
- Chrome Plated NAZ Bottle – We mounted the Chrome Plated NAZ bottle in front of the radiator in the engine bay so the world could see through our open grille that we are running NAZ. To help save weight, we ditched the heavy plumbing to inject the NAZ into the motor and only hooked the bottle to the Purge Valve.
- Massive Aluminum Rear Wing – Not only does it look cool, but we are pretty sure it adds some serious horsepower to the rear!
- Cut Mufflers – We wanted to get the biggest exhaust tips we could on this baby so we took a Sawzall to the mufflers and cut the back of the muffler off! From there we were able to gut the inside of the muffler which effectively saved weight and gave us almost 13 inch wide exhaust tips!
- Quad Euro-Style Screw-On Fog Lights – In order to increase the aerodynamics and horsepower output of our front end, we strategically screwed Euro-style fog lights into the bumper and the chin spoiler. We went with a twin-yellow light coupled with a twin-blue light combo to increase the area of our powerband.
- Triple Aluminum Drag Racing Hood Scoops – To complete the competition look of our Mustang we glued triple aluminum hood scoops to our hood. Not only did this boost our performance, but we have two more scoops then any top-fueler in the NHRA!
- Extensive Under The Hood Modifications – We replaced factory inlet tube with 11 inline electric superchargers and stabilized their combined 250CFM airflow with twin Turbonators.
- Solid Chrome Hubcaps – These Solid Chrome Hubcaps completely hide the factory 16 inch rims for a sleek aerodynamic look, helping to further multiply the horsepower output of our motor. Horsepower Output Chart before and after hubcap installation.
- Bright Purple Paint Job – Our Bright Purple Paint really screams performance to the point where we fear officials might not even let us compete if they think the advantage it gives us might constitute cheating.
- Fast Looking Stickers – We found the fastest looking stickers we could to help boost performance and slapped them wherever they could fit.
- Cool Japanese Character Sticker – We are not quite sure what it means, but according to the eBay seller we got bought it from these stickers are all the rage in the JDM…whatever that means.
- Extensive Stereo Modifications – We removed the back seat and passenger seat and we were able to squeeze 17 total subwoofers inside the car. To achieve the most intimidating sound possible we removed the spare tire and any and all sound dampening material inside the car and filled the spare tire well with marbles. Surprisingly this gave us one of the highest performance gains over any other mod we did!
- All Aesthetic Modifications previously listed under Performance Modifications.
< Page One — Page Two >
AmericanMuscle.com to Sponsor
1000HP Ford GT ECTA Land Speed Record Attempt!
Check out our exclusive Image Gallery here!
AmericanMuscle (www.americanmuscle.com) is helping to sponsor an attempt at the ECTA Land Speed Record for a Production Supercharged vehicle with a Stock Bottom End which is currently at 186.853MPH from a standing mile. Attempting this feat will be the car’s 73 year old owner Robert Self. The attempt will be made April 5-6th, 2008 at the East Coast Timing Association (ECTA) in Maxton, North Carolina. On the ECTA’s 1mile x 30ft abandoned runway track, Robert is looking to hit a cool 200-210MPH in his Ford GT and have room to stop.
A fully custom roll cage, Halon fire extinguishing system, and drag chute have been installed by S&W Racecars. All performance enhancements and custom SCT dynamometer tuning have been performed by Eric Swarr & his team at Swarr Auto Performance Center in Collegeville, Pennsylvania (www.swarrauto.com). In addition to the $15,000 Whipple Industries Supercharger upgrade, Robert has an additional $30,000 over the car’s $170,000 base price invested in performance and safety upgrades. AmericanMuscle.com will be setting Robert up with the proper tire setup for running speeds in excess of 200MPH in a 1000+ horsepower car, and also helping to promote the event.
Check out our exclusive Image Gallery here!