The Bama Performance team has been on a mission to have one of the fastest 2015 Mustangs in the world and so far they are succeeding! It all started with the Bama team running an 11.2 naturally aspirated pass in their 2015 Mustang, and has since developed into many milestones for the Bama team. This past weekend, they set another milestone at the track with their 2015 Mustang GT and show no signs of stopping.
Naturally Aspirated Record
Having backed up their record of 11.2 @ 121 MPH on multiple runs, Bama went back to the track in the hopes of beating it. This time, they ran 10.6 @ 123 MPH naturally aspirated, completely shattering their previous time. Including a custom tune, the mods for the 2015 Mustang are as follows:
- 1. Full Exhaust System
- – Custom 1 7/8″ Long Tube Headers
- – O/R X Pipe
- – Race Bullet Mufflers
- 2. JLT Cold Air Intake (Stock Intake Manifold)
- 3. Suspension Upgrades
- – Custom Fabricated Suspension Parts (will disclose at a later date)
- – Stock Bushings
- 4. Weight Reduction
- – Removed Passenger Seat And Rear Seat
- – Race Weight: 3,450 lbs with driver and half-tank of fuel
- 5. Slicks and Skinnies
- – 17″ Weld RTS With Mickey Thompson Front Runners
- – Hoosier Drag Slicks
- 6. Bama Performance X4 With E85 Track Tune
- 7. DSS Half-Shafts
- 8. 1-Piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
- 9. Ford Racing Light Weight Front Bumper Support
- 10. Injector Dynamics ID1300 Injectors
Bama decided that an E85 tune with larger injectors was the right course of action for going faster, and they were dead on. By switching to E85 with better injectors they were able to make more power and faster passes in the 1/4 mile.
With an updated tune and better injectors, Bama Performance tapped into the laughing gas once again to see how much they could improve upon their forced induction record. Bama went 10.2 @ 128 MPH in their 2015 Mustang GT with a nitrous express coyote nitrous kit.
Bama Performance continues to tune their 2015 Mustang to make it as fast as it possibly can go, which is backed up by these impressive times at the track. Stay tuned, as the Bama team has a lot more in store for the 2015 Mustang!