The Bama Performance Team just set a world record for the fastest naturally aspirated 2015 Mustang GT and you are never going to believe the time and trap speed! Bama Performance has been working non-stop on tuning the 2015 Mustang and their hard work has paid off with a world record time for the 2015 Mustang. The previous record, which was held by Ford Racing, was a 11.77 has been beaten by over half-a-second by the Bama Performance Team!
- 1. Full Exhaust System
- – Custom 1 7/8″ Long Tube Headers
- – O/R X Pipe
- – Race Bullet Mufflers
- 2. JLT Cold Air Intake (Stock Intake Manifold)
- 3. Suspension Upgrades
- – Custom Fabricated Suspension Parts (will disclose at a later date)
- – Stock Half Shafts
- – Stock Bushings
- 4. Minor Weight Reduction
- – Removed Passenger Seat And Rear Seat
- – Race Weight: 3,650 With Half Tank Of Fuel And Driver
- 5. Slicks and Skinnies
- – 17″ Weld RTS With Mickey Thompson Front Runners
- – Hoosier Drag Slicks
- 6. Bama Performance X4 With 93 Track Tune
This was all done on stock IRS bushings and half-shafts, which is incredibly impressive and gives us a sense of how robust the IRS system from Ford is.
This time was achieved on the first pass made right off the trailer and without the help of any sort of power adder or nitrous. The Bama Team is only beginning to really tap into the potential of the S550 and has much more in store for the 2015 Mustang, but they started off with the bar set high. Stay tuned as Bama goes back to the track in search of even faster 1/4 mile times in the 2015 Mustang!