This Friday, some of the top Mustangs in the local area are going head-to-head on AmericanMuscle’s very own dyno, throwing down the best numbers possible in an all-out rear wheel horsepower showdown. One winner will be crowned as the top-dog at AmericanMuscle’s Mustang Mayhem. Check out a few of the cars and see what jaw-dropping Mustangs have surfaced for this year’s event.
This year’s cars have been hand selected from a huge pool of Mustangs to bring you the most interesting and lethal combinations set to run head-to-head against one other. Each car and owner has 30 minutes to lay down the best numbers possible without breaking anything (or blowing up the dyno). This is a prime opportunity for these machines, built for pure horsepower, to prove all those “go” parts and time spent tuning have paid off in the form of serious rear wheel power.
Here’s how it works:
– All cars receive 30 minutes each of dyno time to test and tune their way to the highest horsepower output possible.
– The Mustang putting down the most horsepower at the end of the day takes with them all of the bragging rights and street credit.
Here’s a sneak peak at this year’s Mustang Mayhem participants:
- 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake – 3.6L KenneBell Supercharger, Pump Gas only, Manual
- ’09 GT500 – Stock Supercharger Smaller pulley running more boost, Pump Gas only, Manual
- 2014 GT500 – Bone stock with tune, Pump Gas only, Manual
- 2001 SVT Cobra – Stroker 5.0L Vortech supercharger, Pump gas & Methanol, Manual
- 2006 GT – Built 4.6 E85 Edelbrock E-Force supercharger, Automatic
- 2003 SVT Cobra – 2.3 Whipple, Pump gas, Manual
Be sure to check out the blog and our Facebook page for updates and to find out who we’ll be crowning as champion of this year’s Mustang Mayhem dyno showdown!
In the meantime, which car do you think will put down the most rear wheel horsepower?