It looks like Ford is putting the final touches on the 2014 Cobra Jet Mustang. Outfitted with GoPro cameras, Ford’s proclaimed COPO killer blasts down the track at speeds unfathomable by the Prius touting crowd. The newest factory race car from Ford now comes equipped with a parachute capable of 150mph speeds. Two new paint schemes–Godda Have It Green and Flat Black–are available in addition to the basic White paint option.
Not much has changed in regards to power output. The 2014 Cobra Jets will still sport the 5.0L TiVCT engine with a jumbo 2.9L Whipple supercharger bolted to top. You’re also getting an all-new 3-speed race transmission with SFI approved housing, new for 2014.
The 2014 Cobra Jet’s cost and production numbers
Like in year’s past, Ford is only building a total of 50 all-in-one Cobra Jet race cars and has attached a hefty $97,990 MSRP, not including optional paint and graphics. The price isn’t bad when you consider what you’re getting for your money and that you’ll have yourself a turn key race car fully ready for competition.
Notable Cobra Jet achievements in competition
• NHRA national event wins in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
• More class wins, including the “Big Go” 2012 NHRA US Nationals where Cobra Jet claimed 9 Class wins
• Record holder in more Stock and Super Stock classes throughout 2012 than any other vehicle model
• A driving force in Ford winning the 2011 & 2012 NHRA Manufacturers Cup
• Has its own series and driving school, the Cobra Jet Showdown and the Roy Hill Cobra Jet Experience
How to get get your hands on one
The 2014 Cobra Jet is available for order now at Ford dealers
• Availability is first-come first- served – all orders over the 50 unit build will be given priority placement on future Cobra Jet builds
• The first 50 orders will confirm options in April 2013
• Production to commence July-October 20
Contact – Ford Racing Performance Parts – 800-367-3788, www.fordracingparts.com/cobrajet
News source: AutoEvolution
Let us hear your take on the 2014 Cobra Jet Mustang by dropping your thoughts in the COMMENT box below.