I spend a lot more time on Flickr than I probably should… Heck, I spend way too much time on the internet, period. That’s more of a personal problem though, and not exactly relevant to this post.
Anyway, I was checking out pictures of muscle cars on Flickr the other day, and I was floored at the sheer number of amazing Mustang photos. I figured I’d share some of my favorites with you here, so here we go – Here are the top 9 coolest Mustang pictures on Flickr.
A beautifully composed photo of a red Fastback Mustang on Felixstowe Beach in the UK. The location of this shot and the vibrant colors (specifically the screaming red on the ‘Stang) make this shot’s inclusion on my list a no-brainer. Photo credit: Stevoarnold
This title of this one is “Driving Into The Sky”, and I’d say it’s a pretty accurate description. The snow on the ground and the clouds in the sky blend together in such a way that it’s difficult to tell where one ends and the other begins, and therein lies the appeal. Photo credit: matze_ott
A ’69 Hardtop tears through the streets of Bruxelles, Belgium on a dreary day. The dude in the suit probably shouldn’t have been walking so close to the street… I wonder if he learned his lesson? Photo credit: exxodus
Another cherry red 2 door Coupe. This one was shot in Durango, Mexico. It looks classy sitting there on the cobblestone, but you know it could tear its way out of there (and through any gardens and fruit stands) if need be. Photo credit: Siddhartha
There’s something about the lines in this photo. They seem to be leading the eye towards something outside of the photo. The black and white gives the shot an elegant look. This one was taken in Paris. Photo credit: oNico
A stunning red 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustang. This is another one where the composition is what makes the photo. Photo credit: Cygnus~X1
A sleek-looking ’69 coupe. The photographer used a technique known as HDR (high dynamic range) to give this photo a very cool (dare I say “epic”?) feel. I love the colors (or lack thereof) in this shot, and once again the sky provides an amazing background. Photo credit: exxodus
In my mind, whoever owns the red Mach 1 ‘Stang also owns the plane sitting next to it. “I don’t feel like driving to work today… I think I’ll fly instead.”
Photo credit: Arnfinn Hushovd
A dark blue ’68 Fastback rips through a tunnel in this amazing action shot. Where is he going? It’s not important – He’s doing it in style. Photo credit: Fabio Aro
So there you have it! This is by no means a comprehensive list – There are literally thousands of other Mustang photos on there… See for yourself! Or check out our Customer Rides page, where you can view an extensive collection of customer submitted photos.
It is a sad day in Mustang history. For the first time in 45 years, the Mustang name will not grace the showroom floors of your local dealerships.
Press Release: FOMOCO To Cut Production of 2010 Mustang! (Synopsis)
- Following suit with other major automotive manufacturers, Ford Motor Company announced today that due to the current state of the economy and the decline in Mustang sales throughout the 2009 year, FoMoCo will be cutting production of the 2010 Mustang. This comes as no surprise as other automotive manufacturers dump performance and luxury models to consolidate and concentrate on money saving, earth-friendly “green” vehicles.
When asked for comment, FoMoCo stated that this was no easy decision. While the future of the Mustang name may seem grim, FoMoCo ensured us that it was not gone for good and there are already talks of eventually reviving it with a hybrid refresh of the fuel-sipping 2.3L In-line 4 Cylinder motor.
To read the Complete Press Release from Ford Click Here.
I end this BLOG post with a moment of silence for an American Icon…
AmericanMuscle.com I Can Draw Mustang Contest
Have Your Kids Draw Your Mustang
Win A Cervinis Lil-C500!
So you think you can draw? Too bad! Cause this contest is for the kids! And for once we are talking about actual kids, and not just those of us that are kids at heart.
Whether you have kids of your own, nephews, nieces, grandkids, neighbors, etc. have them put their “artistic” skills to the test and draw us a picture of your Mustang. Why would they want to do such a thing? Because we are giving away a Cervinis Lil-C500 PowerWheels that’s why!
To submit an entry to the contest, you must include both the original drawing of your Mustang, a picture of your Mustang, and the following information: Your Full Name/Address/Phone Number/Email and also the Child’s Name, Age, and their Relationship to You.
To submit your entry send to:
AMNick – I Can Draw Contest
7 Lee Blvd, Suite 900
Malvern, PA 19355
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fine Print:
AmericanMuscle.com Valentines ContestWinners Announced!
- Entries must be submitted to email@example.com
- Your entry or entries must be submitted before 5:00PM Eastern Time on Monday April the 6th. Winners will be announced Wednesday April 8th.
- You must include your full name, address, phone number, and email address and also the child’s name, age, and their relationship to you when submitting. (Personal information will only be used internally for our records and to deliver your prize. No personal information collected will be used for outside solicitations or sold in any way.)
- Everyone is eligible to enter, you do not have to have made a previous purchase from AmericanMuscle.com.
- You may submit as many unique entries as you want. Do Not SPAM the same entry multiple times or ALL of your entries will be disqualified!
- Contest open to US residents only, certain terms and conditions apply.
The American Muscle Valentines Contest is finally over and it is now time to announce the winners! We carefully mulled over the submissions, and there were some real interesting entries that I am going to post up for your viewing enjoyment! But before we get to them, let’s check out the winning entries first!
- First Place – $250 American Muscle Gift Certificate
- Second Place – $100 American Muscle Gift Certificate
- Adam B. of Sunderland, MA
- Adam wrote a song dedicated to his one true love “Sophie”, his Mustang and sang it to the tune of Ritchie Valens’ famous song “Oh, Donna”!
- Download and listen to Oh Sophie
- Oh Sophie, Oh Sophie
Oh Sophie, Oh Sophie
I have a car
Sophie is her name
since she broke down
I’ve never been the same
cause I love my car
God how I love my Ford Mustang! Love my Ford mustang!
I have no cash
to upgrade my car
I spent all my dough on
a new alternator
so I beg American Muscle
please send me some money, some muscle money.
- Third Place – $50 American Muscle Gift Certificate
- Tiffeny W. of Tupelo, MS
- Tiffeny submitted the story of her lifelong passion of Mustangs…and how they got her engaged!
- Download Full Story Here
- Story Excerpts:
- “It all started for me when I was 3 years old. My Daddy and Granddaddy gave me a little matchbox toy of a red ’65 convertible. I was instantly hooked.”
- “I hear the ‘tink-tink’ noise of pebbles hitting my car. “Oh my God, he just didn’t.” I jump out of my car about to bust some tail, and he looks at me, winks and says, “How you doin’?” “
- “The summer after we got engaged, Brad found a 7UP for sale from one of his friends, and presented it as a wedding gift to ourselves. I now own the car I’ve wanted since I was 5 years old!”
There were several outstanding runners up too…especially in the video catagory. Enjoy the winners for now, and check back on Monday for the runner ups!
Customer Survey Results in Humorous Results!
We recently surveyed a portion of our customers to see what they were searching for on American Muscle. The results were very useful in helping us to provide better products and services, but we also received quite a few “interesting” results at the same time!
Below you will find the top 15 most humorous searches that we came across…and our research team’s comments on them!
- Searched: “give me mustang parts”
- “I heard people say this internet thing is amazing, but I can’t seem to get it to do what I tell it to do. No matter how many times I ask, I just can’t seem to get the parts out of my computer.”
- Searched: “mustang parts?”
- “I frequently sit and ponder the meaning of mustang parts…”
- Searched: “2004 MASTANK PARTS”
- “The development of the MASTANK was the turning point in the war.”
- Searched: “obsolete mustang parts”
- “Today, I’d like to see a lot of things that are outdated and therefore useless.”
- Searched: “american mussel”
- “They go great with marinara sauce or a squeeze of lemon.”
- Searched: “saline wheels”
- “For Dry, Itchy, Irritated Wheels…”
- Searched: “mustang future parts”
- “Including the Cold Fusion Air Intake and the Steeda Flux Capacitor.”
- Searched: “1996 mustang gt is to slow”
- Searched: “4point6 mustang parts”
- “I don apostrophe t get it comma what is wrong with that search term question mark”
- Searched: “HOW TO GET FREE PARTS FOR A FORD MUSTANG 06″
- “Lie, Cheat or Steal. Same way I got my woman.”
- Searched: “black bullet hole wheels”
- “I know a couple of places in Philly you can get these for free.”
- Searched: “www.parts for 1192 ford mustang”
- “It’s well known that Genghis Khan drove a Mach 1. I think that’s why the Chinese built that wall.”
- Searched: “mustang luvers”
- “Gives the word “auto-erotic” a whole new meaning, doesn’t it?”
- Searched: “parts for inside my mustang”
- “You mean, like, a liver or an intestine? Cuz I know a guy…”
- Searched: “mustang assories”
- “Once I forgot to lock my door and my mom caught me looking at the assories catalog.”
So, what did you search for on American Muscle?