Karl A asked: “I just purchased a 2006 GT convertible. I really want to put a lot of time and money into my new car, not only to make it look good, but powerful too. The first thing I want to do is upgrade my exhaust. I’d like a strong old school muscle car rumble and growl but I don’t exactly know where to start. I have been told to get Flowmaster axel back mufflers with cross pipes. I have been told H pipes are good, and many other options. My goal would be for extra power, and of course, a loud, muscular sound. I would appreciate any advice here. I want to put work into my new car and do it right!”
An aftermarket exhaust is a great place to start when modding any car. A complete system can add an extra 40 hp at the rear wheels with a tune. Our tech article on understanding exhaust systems is a must-read for any first-time modder. Before I get into the nitty-gritty of exhaust systems, here are some important points everyone should know about aftermarket exhausts:
- Purchase your headers and mid-pipe from the same manufacturer – some manufacturers sell products that only bolt up to their own, or OEM, exhaust components.
- Long tube headers sometimes require oxygen sensor extensions, but always require a new mid-pipe (shorty mid-pipe).
- If you choose to run an exhaust with no catalytic converters you will need to re-tune the computer to get rid of the check engine light.
Now that the day for giving is gone, the time is here to get what you really wanted this holiday season. The December Sale is on now through 12/31 with up to 35% off many of your favorite Mustang mods. Anyone out there gotta gift card that needs spending?
Click the image below to view the December Sale on AmericanMuscle.com.
Secret Santa Winners!
Congratulations to our fellow Mustang Fans for finding St. Nick in the AmericanMuscle Blog. Here’s the list of winners:
$100 Gift Cards: 1st two to find all 12 Santas
Ismael Ramos 2009 GT/CS
Ulises Adame 2005 Coupe
$50 Gift Card Winners
Ernesto Rodriguez 1998 GT Vert
Nathan Sell 2007 V6
Rebecca Bauman 2006 V6 Pony Package
Ryan Schwartz 2003 Mach 1
Jon Olson 2004 GT
Matt Newlon 2000 V6 Coupe
Houston Ludwig 2006 V6 Pony Package
Jason Winsett 2006 V6
3 Santas are hiding in our blog.
Find one for a chance to win 1 of 8 $50 AmericanMuscle.com Gift Certificates. Find more Santas to better your odds of winning. There are 3 Santas hiding at one time, and 12 Santas in all.
$100 gift certificates to AmericanMuscle.com will be awarded to the first 2 people to find all 12 Santas.
Contest ends December 20.
- Find Santas hiding in the pages of our blog and write down their secret messages.
- Return to this page to enter up to 3 secret Santa messages.
- Santas will change periodically. There are 12 Santas in all.
- The first 2 people to find all 12 will win $100 gift cards instantly.
- Contest ends December 20. Winners will be announced here on December 22.
Many of our best Mustang parts are now on sale at seriously discounted prices. Get your loved ones, or yourself, just what you want this season without breaking the bank. Whether you’re in search of speed, style or both, our Holiday Sale has everything on your wish list, for less.
Hoping to give something back to customers and friends this holiday season, AmericanMuscle.com has partnered with the two largest Mustang enthusiast sites, MustangForums.com and AllFordMustangs.com to offer in tandem, two Mystery Gift Card Sweepstakes.
Here’s the deal:
1. Go to AllFordMustangs.com or MustangForums.com to sign in or sign up.
2. Buy a $12 gift card to AmericanMuscle.com for just 10 bucks. (Your savvy investment skills just earned you 20% in just seconds. Try getting that in the stock market these days.)
3. Every day randomly selected members will receive upgraded gift certificates worth $50, $100 and even $250.