AmericanMuscle.com‘s first Trivia Contest has come to an end, and what a fantastic response! Participants were asked to answer 20 questions, for a chance to win three great prizes. We had more than 100 entries, and a good portion of them were 100% correct. The staff at AmericanMuscle.com randomly chose three (3) winners from the correct entries, and it’s time to let the world know who they are.
First Place — Winner of an AmericanMuscle.com $100 Gift Certificate
and a set of Mustang Rocker Stripes in their choice of color:
Brian Donaghy of Emerson, NJ!
Second Place — Winner of a $50 AmericanMuscle.com Gift Certificate
and a set of Vinyl Bumper Insert Letters in their choice of color:
Shanika Martin of Land O’Lakes, FL!
Third Place — Winner of a $25 AmericanMuscle.com Gift Certificate
and two AmericanMuscle.com Window Decals:
Christopher Lee of Columbia, KY!
Now, everyone wants to know what the correct answers were to the tough questions we asked. Well, here you go!
1. How many colors total were available for the 1987 Mustang (looking for the number, not the colors)?
The correct answer was 12. (The colors were Black, Bright Regatta Blue Metallic, Dark Clove Metallic, Dark Gray Metallic, Dark Shadow Blue Metallic, Light Gray, Medium Cabernet, Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Medium Yellow, Oxford White, Sand Beige, and Scarlet Red.)
2. What was the Mustang II re-badged as?
3. Where and on what date was the Mustang introduced to the public for the first time?
April 17, 1964 at the World’s Fair in New York
4. What movie had the honor of being the first to use a Mustang in a movie?
5. The Mustang has been offered in six (6) Grabber colors. Name them.
Grabber Green Metallic, Grabber Blue, Grabber Orange, Grabber Green, Grabber Yellow, and Grabber Lime.
6. What year did the millionth Mustang roll off the assembly line?
7. What was the final year the 5.0 Mustang LXs had black body side moldings?
8. How much more horsepower did the ’93 Cobra R make than the ’93 Cobra?
0 — Both the Cobra and the Cobra R were rated the same (235 hp).
9. What was the name of the concept car that pre-dated the ’03 Cobra by 10 years, but
featured a roots-supercharged, intercooled, 4V, 4.6L engine?
10. What new exterior color was introduced in 1999?
Electric Green Clearcoat Metallic
11. When was factory clearcoat paint first available for the Mustang?
12. What is the only year that the Cobra was offered in color code BZ (Chrome/Canary Yellow)?
13. What was the first year for a 140 mph speedometer on a 5.0L?
14. When were the 16" 5-star rims first offered?
15. When was Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) first used?
16. What was the first year for a 4-speed automatic transmission?
17. What special model made it’s third appearance in 2000?
18. Name the three (3) aftermarket tuner Mustangs that Ford sells with factory warranties (as of 12/05).
Saleen, Steeda, Roush
19. What year was the heated back glass introduced for the convertible?
20. What other Ford Vehicle — meaning NOT a Mustang — came with the 4.6L DOHC Cobra
V8 engine and was initially only available in black?