Spring is here at long, long last. That means it’s time for all the Mustangs that have been hibernating to come out and bask in the sun. These high-powered, shiny ‘Stangs will be showing off (and rightly so) at every traffic light and racetrack around. Having a high-performance Mustang is a beautiful thing, but for many of us, it’s not the only thing. While there’s a certain segment of the population that loves the “sleeper” style (you’ve seen them, they’re the primer-black beasts with the huge engines), and there’s nothing wrong with that, most folks prefer to have a ‘Stang with a cleaner style. Whatever your preferred look may be, there are no limits to your styling options. One of the things to consider when planning your exterior mods is what kind of look and feel you’re into. There are several popular themes, and you might want to consider one of them when you’re customizing your pony.
- Aggressive – Mustangs have a lot of attitude and a certain toughness by their very nature, so it’s a natural choice to play that aggressiveness up. A chin spoiler always gives a touch of menace to a Mustang, and a wicked cool billet grille is another great way to add some spice.
- Sporty – If you want a lighter, less threatening look for your ‘Stang, why not go sporty? Lowering your pony will help your performance, and improve your stance on the road. If you’re rolling in a convertible, a light bar will add some personality to your ride. A hood pin appearance kit is a perfect finishing detail, and it saves you from having to drill through your hood.
- Blacked Out – For those who think the aggressive style listed above is a little too soft, there’s the blacked out look. Sure, you could go with some simple black accessories to accentuate a great paint job. But when there’s a whole world of tinting and darkness to explore, you probably won’t be content with just a blackout panel for long.
- Retro – If you’ve gotta have that sweet, shiny chrome, it’s time to go retro! Wheels are an obvious, easy modification that can make a huge difference. For a bigger dose of the shine, try a door dress-up kit with an antenna or some tail light trim.
- Custom – When you like everything we’ve mentioned, or especially if you only like certain parts of those styles, the custom option is a great way to go. Mixing and matching different styles and ideas will create a unique look that suits you perfectly. (more…)
In an encore performance, a Mustang is once again pacing a major NASCAR Sprint Cup race. The recently unveiled 2011 Mustang V6 has been selected as the pace car for the the Food City 500, coming up this Sunday at Bristol International Speedway.
This is the second time in the current NASCAR Sprint Cup season that a Mustang has paced the field. In February, the 2011 5.0 GT was piloted by NASCAR legend Richard Petty during the pace lap of the Daytona 500.
So what makes the second time so special? No one can remember when two Fords (much less two Mustangs) were selected for pace car duties in a NASCAR single season. What we’re witnessing is recognition of Ford’s commitment to the Mustang, and to continue offering a thrilling ride to the every day performance car enthusiast.
(Ed. note: A few weeks back, we posted a brief story on what we felt was a great event – a couple who discovered a mutual love, Ford Mustangs, and took it to the next level. They were married on February 21, 2010 at a Ford dealership in St. Augustine, Florida. And unbeknown to us at the time, AmericanMuscle even had a very important role in the event! Read about that role, below.
AmericanMuscle spoke with Mr. and Mrs. Cox after their brief honeymoon…)
AM: This is such an intriguing story. How did the two of you happen to meet?
Saint Patrick’s Day is a great holiday. It’s traditionally celebrated by drinking beer, and that’s the kind of tradition anybody can embrace. Another benefit is that you can celebrate if you’re Irish, if you might be Irish, if you have ancient Irish ancestors, or if you’re just a fan of Irish things (like beer and cool music). Mustangs are an iconic example of American muscle cars, but we’ve gathered six of the coolest, greenest Mustangs to showcase in honor of Saint Patrick’s Day. So scarf down some Irish potatoes and a couple of pints of green beer, sit back, and enjoy. Erin go bragh!
This mean green Mustang is ready to dominate the road. (more…)
We’re always cooking up something at AmericanMuscle to help our loyal customers take their rides to the next level. What’s on the front burner this week? BamaChips and AmericanMuscle are rocking the aftermarket performance industry by joining forces to create and deliver precision custom tunes for Mustangs. The result? Bama Custom Tuning at American Muscle. This exclusive partnership integrates world renowned custom tunes from BamaChips with AmericanMuscle’s award winning customer service.
Whether on the street or at the strip, Mustang owners know the benefits of custom tuning their cars – more raw power and better performance. When fractions of a second can make the difference, every bit of horsepower counts. Still, for many Mustang owners, the concept of “custom performance tuning” has been kind of exotic and cloaked in mystery (sorta like our Mustang girls). We’re gonna make it simple for you…