It is a sad day in Mustang history. For the first time in 45 years, the Mustang name will not grace the showroom floors of your local dealerships.
Press Release: FOMOCO To Cut Production of 2010 Mustang! (Synopsis)
- Following suit with other major automotive manufacturers, Ford Motor Company announced today that due to the current state of the economy and the decline in Mustang sales throughout the 2009 year, FoMoCo will be cutting production of the 2010 Mustang. This comes as no surprise as other automotive manufacturers dump performance and luxury models to consolidate and concentrate on money saving, earth-friendly “green” vehicles.
When asked for comment, FoMoCo stated that this was no easy decision. While the future of the Mustang name may seem grim, FoMoCo ensured us that it was not gone for good and there are already talks of eventually reviving it with a hybrid refresh of the fuel-sipping 2.3L In-line 4 Cylinder motor.
To read the Complete Press Release from Ford Click Here.
I end this BLOG post with a moment of silence for an American Icon…
AmericanMuscle.com I Can Draw Mustang Contest
Have Your Kids Draw Your Mustang
Win A Cervinis Lil-C500!
So you think you can draw? Too bad! Cause this contest is for the kids! And for once we are talking about actual kids, and not just those of us that are kids at heart.
Whether you have kids of your own, nephews, nieces, grandkids, neighbors, etc. have them put their “artistic” skills to the test and draw us a picture of your Mustang. Why would they want to do such a thing? Because we are giving away a Cervinis Lil-C500 PowerWheels that’s why!
To submit an entry to the contest, you must include both the original drawing of your Mustang, a picture of your Mustang, and the following information: Your Full Name/Address/Phone Number/Email and also the Child’s Name, Age, and their Relationship to You.
To submit your entry send to:
AMNick – I Can Draw Contest
7 Lee Blvd, Suite 900
Malvern, PA 19355
Or Email: email@example.com
The Fine Print:
AmericanMuscle.com Valentines ContestWinners Announced!
- Entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your entry or entries must be submitted before 5:00PM Eastern Time on Monday April the 6th. Winners will be announced Wednesday April 8th.
- You must include your full name, address, phone number, and email address and also the child’s name, age, and their relationship to you when submitting. (Personal information will only be used internally for our records and to deliver your prize. No personal information collected will be used for outside solicitations or sold in any way.)
- Everyone is eligible to enter, you do not have to have made a previous purchase from AmericanMuscle.com.
- You may submit as many unique entries as you want. Do Not SPAM the same entry multiple times or ALL of your entries will be disqualified!
- Contest open to US residents only, certain terms and conditions apply.
The American Muscle Valentines Contest is finally over and it is now time to announce the winners! We carefully mulled over the submissions, and there were some real interesting entries that I am going to post up for your viewing enjoyment! But before we get to them, let’s check out the winning entries first!
- First Place – $250 American Muscle Gift Certificate
- Second Place – $100 American Muscle Gift Certificate
- Adam B. of Sunderland, MA
- Adam wrote a song dedicated to his one true love “Sophie”, his Mustang and sang it to the tune of Ritchie Valens’ famous song “Oh, Donna”!
- Download and listen to Oh Sophie
- Oh Sophie, Oh Sophie
Oh Sophie, Oh Sophie
I have a car
Sophie is her name
since she broke down
I’ve never been the same
cause I love my car
God how I love my Ford Mustang! Love my Ford mustang!
I have no cash
to upgrade my car
I spent all my dough on
a new alternator
so I beg American Muscle
please send me some money, some muscle money.
- Third Place – $50 American Muscle Gift Certificate
- Tiffeny W. of Tupelo, MS
- Tiffeny submitted the story of her lifelong passion of Mustangs…and how they got her engaged!
- Download Full Story Here
- Story Excerpts:
- “It all started for me when I was 3 years old. My Daddy and Granddaddy gave me a little matchbox toy of a red ’65 convertible. I was instantly hooked.”
- “I hear the ‘tink-tink’ noise of pebbles hitting my car. “Oh my God, he just didn’t.” I jump out of my car about to bust some tail, and he looks at me, winks and says, “How you doin’?” “
- “The summer after we got engaged, Brad found a 7UP for sale from one of his friends, and presented it as a wedding gift to ourselves. I now own the car I’ve wanted since I was 5 years old!”
There were several outstanding runners up too…especially in the video catagory. Enjoy the winners for now, and check back on Monday for the runner ups!